Neighborhood

Friday, October 28, 2011

Live Chat with Mr. Stephen Gillett, CIO & EVP, Digital Ventures at Starbucks

On October 26, the Topics in Current Affairs class has the good fortune of chatting with Mr. Gillet about the different facets of success, team-work, and technology. This isn't my first public chat but it was by far my most baffling one. So many technical terms that raised an eyebrow. Sometime two.
Here are some favorite questions I selected. (quotes not complete)
1. 
My question is about QR codes, Do you think this technology will have staying power?

 Mr. Gillet:  I expect NFC will give QR codes a good challenge in the near-future. 

2. What do you think about cloud computing. Is it the future?
Mr. Gillet: We use a lot of cloud-based technology for our stores. I think more and more services will go to the cloud. 

Safe to say, I need to brush up on technical term dictionary. 


Mr. Gillet

No comments:

Post a Comment