Neighborhood

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Lebanese blogs you might want to check out

Several Lebanese blogs that I stumbled over. Might want to take a look if anyone is interested.


1. The Belles of Beirut Blog is interesting in its wide range of colors and aesthetic focus. The blogger is not commercial but instead focuses on eye capturing decorations that are easy to make as well interesting to look at. Its quite homey. For example, in one post, the blogger has made mundane jars into something very appealing and something id want to see on my shelf by literally stuffing them with beautiful scarves and what-nots. The blog is simple and straightforward emphasizing all things decorative. The name of the blog captured my attention as well because it held the promise of something beautiful. 



2. The Marketing in Lebanon Blog is like a fun class in marketing that I unfortunately never took. It’s a blog with simple phrasing over the many facets of marketing and advertising with many examples (some hysterical) over the differences and especially what we see in Lebanon. I’m a journalism major, and this blog is a reporter of the many peculiarities that we see sometimes down the road in a typical day in Lebanon. There's a page titled “Only in Lebanon” where it previews some the most hysterical, odd, and sometimes downright silly lengths Lebanese people will go through to sell their product.

3. Blog Baladi can be described in one word. Vast. Although not very worldly, its vast in the matters concerning Lebanon. Within this blog you’ll find an interesting variety of posts, some that will leave you in awe and others in giggles. When it comes to taking pictures of certain places in Lebanon, immediately I start feeling like a tourist because the thought ‘oh wow, why haven’t I seen that before?’ is on the tip of my tongue. I believe this blog says more about the blogger than the actual material and perhaps that why it appeals to me. The sense of mysteriousness and ‘oh I wonder whats he going to post next?’






4. What I love about Ivy Says is that this blog is descriptive in its physical and emotional detail. When Ivy is relating an experience, she does it with flair to the point where I feel like Im there. Much like a diary I suppose. Theres also many amusing cartoon pictures that relate to her post that add a hint of honesty and sweetness. This is like the musings of a child who is quick with her opinion but gentle with her words.  However, this blog isn’t all about pink and fluff, it includes some politics and awareness of the harshness of day to day life that adds a lot of maturity to the posts.


5. I havn't been on the blog Beirut Drive-by for more then ten seconds before I started laughing. Kudos to the blogger, his/her posts truly capture the humor of driving down the road in Beirut and the many either horrifying or absolutely ridiculous images that bombard us. Beirut drive by captures and posts things that an average Joe would scarcely notice but once he/she does, you question the sanity or give credence to the creativity. Among my favorites is the Puck cheese ad where the cheese sandwich is lovingly enveloped by a bridal gown and is ready to be consumed.



No comments:

Post a Comment